The Leathersellers Hall
The Leathersellers' Company is one of the ancient Livery Companies of the City of London, ranked fifteenth in the order of precedence. It was founded by royal charter in 1444 with authority to control the sale of leather within the City. The Company no longer has this regulatory role, and instead devotes its energies to support for charity, education and the British leather trade.
In 2016, Chris Brammall was commissioned to restore several external features to the entrance of the Leatherseller’s Hall including the gates which bear the coat of arms. This was a particularly delicate process that involved the removal of numerous layers of paint and using traditional methods to restore eroded and damaged sections before re-painting and finishing. Installation was carried out by Chris Brammall and specialist gilders commissioned to add the finishing touches in gold leaf.
Back to Restoration & Heritage Contact Us